The Indian High School (Senior Campus), Oud Metha
• The Senior Campus offers all students outstanding teaching and academic outcomes in English, Mathematics and Science; students’ attitudes to learning are exemplary
• The Campus offers a broad range of subjects and extra-curricular activities that fully reflect students’ interests and aspirations
• Arrangements for protecting and supporting students are best-in-class
• The school nurtures relationships with parents, providing very high quality information about each child’s progress
• ICT provision is excellent and students use electronic tablets very effectively for research and communication, although use is restricted to specific student groups.
• The school has a focussed, very impressive career counselling programme to guide students in making further education choices on graduation
• Leadership and governance are synergistic and outstanding in meeting the school’s vision to inspire and educate all its students to become proactive and global citizens
• The middle phase of the school does quite not match the strengths of its Post-16 counterpart, although this is also adjudged to be improving in the most recent KHDA report
• Arabic as an additional language teaching within the middle phase is not up to the standard of the Senior grades but is improving. Whilst listening skills are deemed to be strong, students lack the skills to be able to apply vocabulary and grammar to extended writing and speaking tasks
• KHDA requirements for class sizes are not always met, leading to unacceptable and damaging overcrowding. There are funding, resource and management issues in the middle phase
• Special Educational Needs provision is praised overall, but curriculum adaptation in some classes is not always implemented effectively
The Indian High School Dubai (Senior Campus) is a private K-12 school with a 2015-16 KHDA inspection rating of Outstanding, an accolade it has achieved for five consecutive years. Established in 1961, it was the first private school founded in Dubai and has grown rapidly. Today the Senior Campus employs 427 teachers to educate 5928 children, by any standards a very large school. Despite concerns of overcrowding at middle levels, however, the school’s overall advertised average of 1:15 teacher-pupil ratio is excellent and this is reflected in its achieving outstanding performance from its pupils in English, Mathematics and Science.
Economies of scale partly explain the low price-point of its fees, which are just 8,500 AED for Grade 12. In simple value for money terms, for parents seeking a premier league Indian, predominantly expatriate, education for their children, the school’s offer is extraordinary.
Although the school advertises itself as co-educational, classes are in practice split and girls and boys taught separately. The Indian High School is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, a member of the Round Square global network of schools (https://www.roundsquare.org/) and follows the CBSE Curriculum.
It should be noted that the school has very different, less successful though improving “Junior” and “International” campuses/branches situated in Al Garhoud and Dubai Silicon Oasis respectively.
As an Outstanding school and part of the Abundance Project (whereby Outstanding schools pair with schools deemed in need of support by the KHDA, to offer training and development), no KHDA inspection took place in the 2016-17 academic year.Go to the FULL REVIEW on WhichSchoolAdvisor.com
YEAR 1: NA
YEAR 2: NA
YEAR 3: NA
YEAR 4: NA
YEAR 5: 4515
YEAR 6: 5472
YEAR 7: 5472
YEAR 8: 5472
YEAR 9: 6841
YEAR 10: 6841
YEAR 11: 8551
YEAR 12: 8551
Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi
Indian (largest nationality)
Mixed but sexes taught separately
+971 4 3377475