Awards Countdown Day Two! The SchoolsCompared.com Top Schools Awards Best School for Music in the UAE 2021. Official Entry Form Now LIVE.
The SchoolsCompared.com Top Schools Awards, the UAE’s definitive School Awards recognising the region’s most outstanding schools, teachers and educationalists, today publishes full information for entering the second of this year’s Awards: The SchoolsCompared.com Top Schools Award for Best School for Music in the UAE 2021.
The remaining awards will launch daily between now and the 8th May 2021.
Please complete this application form to enter your school for the SchoolsCompared.com Top Schools Award for Best School for Music in the UAE 2021. A PDF of the form can be downloaded at the end of this article.
Please only enter for those Awards in which you believe you have a very powerful case to be considered by judges. It is far better to enter for a single Award – and complete the application for this with passion and depth of insight, than apply for multiple awards and stretch your ability to make your case too thin.
Not entering for an Award, does not preclude any school from being considered. All schools in the UAE are considered within the judging process, drawing on expertise and data across Which Media.
Entering for an Award, however, does ensure that we have access to accurate, up-to-date information on your school – and information strengthened by your decisions on how to answer the following questions.
Entry for this award must be submitted with the agreement of the Headteacher of the school.
BREADTH OF PROVISION AND MEETING THE NEEDS OF ALL CHILDREN
Aim for 200-500 Words
Support the case that your school’s breadth of Music options for students ensures that every child can meet his or her individual music ambitions, potential, and ability. Show how the breadth of Music options meets the specific needs of your intake policy with examples of students who have graduated from your school to higher education or industry in Music and related fields.
INVESTMENT, TEACHING AND RESOURCES
Aim for 200-500 Words
Support the case that you offer exceptional investment, music-related resources and faculty for students gifted in, or with ambitions in Music. Identify any partnerships you have outside the school in the Music and closely related sectors.
ACHIEVEMENTS LEAVING NO CHILD BEHIND
Aim for 200-500 Words
Support the case that the achievements of children in Music at your school set a benchmark for schools in the UAE. Provide examples of stand-out achievements of children gifted in Music and value-added data for achievements in Music from entering the school.
STRENGTHENING YOUR CASE
Aim for 200-500 Words
Focused on achievements over the last two years, pre and post Covid, provide information that is not included above that supports your application to be considered the benchmark school for music in the UAE.
[Note: in the following Music is defined as an activity in which there is a requirement of public performance by students in Music and/or formal related qualifications taken by students in Music. Note our focus here is on Music, not the broader Creative Arts. There are sperate Awards for the Performing Arts, Dance and Fine Arts/Studio work)
- What percentage of students at Primary Age are involved formally in Music at your school within the school day (where applicable)? Please place percentages for each area, for example, singing/choir, learning a musical instrument, formal Music lessons, orchestra/band.
- What percentage of students at age 14 years are involved formally in Music at your school within the school day? Please place percentages for each area, for example, singing/choir, learning a musical instrument, formal Music lessons, orchestra/band.
- What percentage of students at age 16 years are involved formally in Music at your school within the school day? Please place percentages for each area, for example, singing/choir, learning a musical instrument, formal Music lessons, orchestra/band.
- What percentage of students at age 18 years are involved formally in Music at your school within the school day? Please place percentages for each area, for example, singing/choir, learning a musical instrument, formal Music lessons, orchestra/band.
- What percentage of those graduating your school in the last five year (ie averaged over a five year period), have graduated your school to either direct employment, or study at university/college study, in specific broader Creative Arts industry related areas with a solid grounding in Music (Examples: Dance, Music, Film, Orchestra, Drama School, Technical Theatre Production, Art, Musical Theatre, Photography.)
- What percentage of students on average each year graduate your school with one or more formal qualifications playing a musical instrument? Please include, for example, qualifying certificates and grades from Trinity College and the Royal School of Music.
- In an average year, how many ECAs are available to students in Music and closely related areas, internal or external. These could include learning musical instruments, choir, band, Musical theatre.
- Please detail all scholarships for Music and the number of Music scholarships awarded in the last five years. If you do not currently offer scholarships, do you intend to?
- How many major full and smaller group solus Music productions (choir, orchestra, soloists), or those dependent on live music productions, have taken place at your school on average each year over the last five years. Please list the number of each separately by year. Please only include events to which parents and or the wider community are invited (ie not internal school assembly productions).
Collate evidence supporting the above, together with details of all areas of provision, investment, innovation and achievement that supports your school being considered the benchmark school for Music for the sector. Evidence should include at least 1 quotation each from a student, parent, owner, Principal and teacher – and details of financial investments in music completed over the last five years.
Finally, please provide information on how you have managed to provide education in Music during Covid and any outstanding achievements ‘against the odds.’ Please list areas in which education has suffered and how you have responded.
Please provide three supporting photographs that best capture the impact of your provision in Music on children.
1 each of Film and Audio files may also be submitted.
If you have a dedicated brochure on Music aimed at parents and students at your school or considering your school it is imperative that this is included to support your case.
MAKING AN IMPACT IN YOUR APPLICATION
As part of the following application, you will strengthen your case considerably by sending the following survey links to your students, teachers and parents, asking them to independently provide feedback on your school as part of your entry to the Top School Awards 2021.
Teachers should complete the survey here:
Parents should complete the survey here:
Older students (Grade 10-12/Year 11-13) should complete the survey here:
The statistical results of these surveys are valued, shared with judges and used in our decision making.
In addition we use data provided to us under your school profile on the Which Media database. This can be accessed through our sister site WhichSchoolAdvisor.com.
In particular please complete the following sections:
- Sports offering
- Scholarships and Bursaries
- Memberships and accreditations
- General info
It is critical that the data relied on by judges is accurate and up-to-date. If you do not have a school account on our sister site, WhichSchoolAdvisor.com, please request one so you can update your review and admissions data here:
Please collate the above information in a Word document. High resolution photography, relevant film, PDF, together with any audio files, should be submitted separately with the Word file.
When your application is completed, these should be sent, in a single email, titled TSA21 MUSIC with your School Name, to:
Please note: unless you specifically identify information that is confidential and sensitive and not for publication, any information sent to us may be published and become a statement of public record. It is vital therefor that information provided is accurate.
DOWNLOAD AND PRINT
To download the complete official entry form for the SchoolsCompared.com Top Schools Awards 2021 – Best School for Music in the UAE, click here.
Completed entries must be received no later than 7th July 2021.
#sctsa21 © SchoolsCompared.com. 2021. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply