Awards Countdown Day Three! The SchoolsCompared.com Best School in the UAE for Fine Art and Creative Studio Work 2021. Official Entry Form now LIVE.
The SchoolsCompared.com Top Schools Awards, the UAE’s definitive School Awards recognising the region’s most outstanding schools, teachers and educationalists, today publishes full information for entering the third of this year’s Awards: The SchoolsCompared.com Top Schools Award for Best School for Fine Art and Creative Studio Work in the UAE 2021.
The remaining awards will launch daily between now and the 8th May 2021.
Please complete this application form to enter your school for The SchoolsCompared.com Top Schools Awards for Best School for Fine Art and Creative Studio Work in the UAE 2021. A PDF of the form can be downloaded at the end of this article.
Please only enter for those Awards in which you believe you have a very powerful case to be considered by judges.
It is far better to enter for a single Award – and complete the application for this with passion and depth of insight, than apply for multiple awards and stretch your ability to make your case too thin.
Not entering for an Award, does not preclude any school from being considered for an Award. All schools in the UAE are considered within the judging process, drawing on expertise and data from across Which Media.
Entering for an Award, however, does ensure that we have access to accurate, up-to-date information on your school – and information strengthened by your decisions on how to answer the following questions.
Entry for this award must be submitted with the agreement of the Headteacher of the school.
BREADTH OF PROVISION AND MEETING THE NEEDS OF ALL CHILDREN
Aim for 200-500 Words
Support the case that your school’s quality and breadth of investment in Fine Art and Creative Studio Work (this might include, for example, sculpture, pottery, glass firing – any creative arts work done in the studio) ensures that every child can meet his or her individual ambitions, potential, and ability. Show how the breadth and quality of Fine Art and Studio work options meet the specific needs of your intake policy with examples of students who have graduated from your school to higher education or self-employment in the Fine Arts or related creative industries. You might, for example, include details of students who have progressed to study BTEC qualifications in ceramics, a degree in Art and Design, or Games Design or set up their own gallery or touring exhibition. Please Identify recipients of external awards (including IGCSE, A Level, BTEC).
INVESTMENT, TEACHING AND RESOURCES
Aim for 200-500 Words
Support the case that you offer exceptional investment, Fine Arts/Studio related resources and faculty for students gifted in, or with interest in, the Fine Arts and Creative Studio work more broadly. For example, you might include investment in kilns, dedicated exhibitions space, an expert Artist visitor programme and so on, Identify any partnerships you have developed outside the school. This might include partnerships with local galleries, museums and artists or full-scale international partnerships with recognised bodies, individuals and schools in Art and Design.
ACHIEVEMENTS LEAVING NO CHILD BEHIND
Aim for 200-500 Words
Support the case that the achievements of children of all abilities in Fine Arts and Creative Studio Work at your school sets a benchmark for schools in the UAE. Discuss examples of stand-out achievements of children gifted in Fine Arts and creativity in design and studio work. Finally, explain why provision in the Fine Arts and Studio work is important for students.
STRENGTHENING YOUR CASE
Aim for 200-500 Words
Focused on achievements over the last two years, including a pre-Covid year, provide information that is not included above that supports your application to be considered the benchmark school for a Fine Arts and Creative Studio education in the UAE.
- What percentage of students at Primary Age are involved formally in Fine Art and/or Creative Studio Work at your school within the school day? Please place percentages for each area, for example, Fine Art, Studio Work – pottery, Studio work – bead making …
- What percentage of students at age 14 years are involved formally in Music at your school within the school day? Please place percentages for each area, for example, Fine Art, Studio Work – pottery, Studio work – bead making …
- What percentage of students at age 16 years are involved formally in Music at your school within the school day? Please place percentages for each area, for example, Fine Art, Studio Work – pottery, Studio work – bead making …
- What percentage of students at age 18 years are involved formally in Music at your school within the school day? Please place percentages for each area, for example, Fine Art, Studio Work – pottery, Studio work – bead making …
- What percentage of those graduating your school in the last five year (ie averaged over a five year period), have graduated your school to either direct employment, or study at university/college study, in Fine Arts or Studio Work (for example, ceramics) related areas.
- What percentage of students on average each year graduate your school with a solid grounding (skills….) in Fine Art and/or Studio work. This may or may not be formally examined.
- In an average year, how many ECAs are available to students in Fine Art, Studio work and closely related areas, internal or external. These could include sculpture, ceramics, drawing, painting, or modelling and making three dimensional structures from CAD.
- Please detail all scholarships currently available in the Fine Arts and Studio Work and the number of Fine Arts and Studio scholarships awarded in the last five years. If you do not currently offer scholarships, do you intend to?
- How many major full and smaller Fine Art and/or Studio exhibitions have taken place at your school on average each year over the last five years. Please list the number of each separately by year. Please only include exhibitions to which parents and or the wider community are invited.
Collate evidence supporting the above, together with details of all areas of provision, investment, innovation, and achievement that supports your school being considered the benchmark school for Fine Art and Studio Work in the region. Evidence should include at least 1 quotation each from a student, parent, owner, Principal and teacher – and details of financial investments in Fine Art and Studio infrastructure and materials completed over the last five years.
Finally, please provide information on how you have managed to provide education in the Fine Arts and Studio Work during Covid and any outstanding achievements ‘against the odds.’ Please list areas in which education has suffered and how you have responded.
Please provide three supporting photographs that best capture the impact of your provision in Fine Arts and Creative Studio Work on children.
Please provide 10 photographs of representative student work drawn from each area of achievement included in your application, completed over the last two years, including a full pre-Covid year.
1 each of Film and Audio files may also be submitted.
If you have a dedicated brochure on Fine Art and Creative Studio Work aimed at parents and students at your school, or considering your school, it is imperative that this is included to support your case.
MAKING AN IMPACT IN YOUR APPLICATION
As part of the following application, you will strengthen your case considerably by sending the following survey links to your students, teachers and parents, asking them to independently provide feedback on your school as part of your entry to the Top School Awards 2021.
Teachers should complete the survey here:
Parents should complete the survey here:
Older students (Grade 10-12/Year 11-13) should complete the survey here:
The statistical results of these surveys are valued, shared with judges and used in our decision making.
In addition, we use data provided to us under your school profile on the Which Media database. This can be accessed through our sister site WhichSchoolAdvisor.com.
In particular please complete the following sections:
- Sports offering
- Scholarships and Bursaries
- Memberships and accreditations
- General info
It is critical that the data relied on by judges is accurate and up-to-date. If you do not have a school account on our sister site, WhichSchoolAdvisor.com, please request one so you can update your review and admissions data here:
COMPLETE YOUR ENTRY
Please collate the above information in a Word document. High resolution photography, relevant film, PDF, together with any audio files, should be submitted separately with the Word file.
When your application is completed, these should be sent, in a single email, titled SCTSA21 FINE ART with your School Name, to:
Please note: unless you specifically identify information that is confidential and sensitive and not for publication, any information sent to us may be published and become a statement of public record. It is vital therefor that information provided is accurate.
DOWNLOAD AND PRINT
To download the complete official entry form for The SchoolsCompared.com Top Schools Award for Best School for Fine Art and Creative Studio Work in the UAE 2021, click here.
Completed entries must be received no later than 7th July 2021.
#sctsa21 © SchoolsCompared.com. 2021. All rights reserved.